Reciprocating knife cutting uses an oscillating knife that’s guided by computer software. With no expensive metal die to fabricate, knife cutting production can commence with minimal lead time — all that’s needed are the materials and a completed CAD. Reciprocating knife cutting is the go-to for larger gasket shapes, as well as small to medium production runs, rapid prototyping and the product samples.
The Benefits of Reciprocating Knife Cutting
At SRP, we’re focused on finding the best fabrication method that delivers the highest production yields at the best cost for your custom gasket. These are some of the advantages reciprocating knife cutting offers for your custom project.
Material EfficiencyLarger gasket designs often result in higher ratios of material waste. Flashpoint uses interactive nesting software to compute the most efficient layout, ensuring you get the maximum yields from each production run to safeguard your costs.
No Expensive ToolingWith no custom die tooling to fabricate, reciprocating knife cutting is a cost-effective option, particularly for small to medium production runs.
Efficient ProductionAll cutting by Flashpoint is guided by computer software. Once the finished CAD is uploaded, production can commence in seconds. For tight deadlines as well as rapid prototyping, proof of concepts and product samples, reciprocating knife cutting requires no lead time.
Versatile CuttingReciprocating knife cutting offers adjustable blade depth, providing the capability to perform kiss-cuts, creasing, milling-routing, punching, engraving and angle cutting.
PrecisionReciprocating knife cutting produces intricate designs at high repeatability, making it an excellent option for parts that are too small or complex for die cutting.
Top-Quality ResultsReciprocating knife cutting achieves a clean kerf with a smooth finish, and high yields within a tight tolerance range (+/- 2 mm). For products and industries with stringent requirements for consistency and quality, reciprocating knife cutting is a cost-effective option.
Common Materials For Reciprocating Knife Cutting
Reciprocating knife cutting is a versatile fabrication method, delivering clean, repeatable results in a wide range of materials.
Reciprocating Knife Cutting Specifications
- Cutting Thickness: 2+ inches
- Cutting Length: 10 feet
- Cutting Width: 5 feet
- Accuracy (+/-) .020
Which CAD Files Does Flashpoint support?
Why SRP converting services?
- Wasted material is an unwanted but unavoidable outcome of gasket fabrication. While computer analysis is a helpful tool, working with a custom converter like SRP is your best bet in getting the best value from your order.
- To maximize your yields, SRP uses manual and computer-assisted shape nesting to achieve the most parts from a roll or sheet of material.
- But minimizing waste doesn’t end at shape nesting. Pairing the material with the right fabrication method is everything. Two different materials cut by the same machine can produce very different outcomes.
- When it comes to the production of your custom part, you need a converter with a “get it right the first time” mindset. SRP has the experience and technical expertise to recommend the best methods that get the most parts from your material.
How can we help?
Please submit the form and a member of our team will be in touch with you shortly