EMI Shielding Gaskets
EMI shielding gaskets protect electronic devices and components from electromagnetic interference (EMI) and radio frequency interference (RFI)
Power supplies, motors and other energy sources can generate unwanted electromagnetic signals that interfere with the functions of critical electronic devices and components. This creates a technical challenge for many OEMs that incorporate electronics in their products.
We convert materials such as particle-filled silicone into EMI shielding solutions for electronic devices, helping guard against device malfunction or failure. We can custom fabricate them to your exact specifications and requirements.
Features and Benefits of EMI Shielding Gaskets
BISCO® Silicone EC-2130
BISCO® EC-2130 is a soft electrically conductive silicone used to reduce EMI and RFI to protect critical electrical components. Its combination of extra soft polymer and highly conductive filler creates an environmental seal. BISCO EC-2130 electromagnetic shield conductive silicones reduce EMI and RFI at frequencies above 10 GHz in a wide range of electronic applications.
- Available thicknesses of 0.063 to 0.125 in.
- +100 db shielding effectiveness
- Grade: Silicone EMI Shields
- Durometer: Shore OO 80 ±1
- Low durometer creates low compressive forces
- Designed to meet specific design needs for compact handheld electronics, communication devices, electronic enclosures and laptop computers
- EMI Shielding
- EMI Gasketing
- EMI Sealing
SSP EMI / RFI Conductive Silicones
SSP supplies a full line of EMI / RFI shielding materials as compression-molded sheet stock, and as continuous rolls. In this way, SRP can convert SSP’s conductive silicones into shielding gaskets via the most efficient, cost-effective method.
- Fluorosilicones combine the high and low-temperature resistance of silicones with the fuel and oil resistance of fluorocarbons.
- Compounds that are filled with metal or metal-coated particles also provide electrical conductivity and EMI shielding.
- 3B Certified Silicones With High Flex-Fatigue Resistance.
- Materials to meet a variety of gasket standards.
SSP supplies various fluorosilicone formulations to meet the following specs:
- UL 94 V0
- UL 50-E
- ASTM B117
- ASTM E595
- Satellite Communication
- Unmanned Systems
- Electronic Devices
As you develop products that need EMI or RFI protection, ask these questions.
Gasket functionDo you need the gasket to do more than block EMI or RFI, such as sealing out liquids, solids or air, or mitigating shock or vibration?
Gap spacingWhat is the thickness range of the gap?
TemperatureWhat high and low temperatures will the material reach and for how long?
Flame ratingDoes your application include requirements like UL-V0, UL-HBF or FMVSS-302?
Chemical resistanceWill the material be in contact with chemicals or fluids?
Cost and performanceDoes your application require a premium product?
How can we help?
Please submit the form and a member of our team will be in touch with you shortly